gonzo liberal's Left Hook

[ Wednesday, June 18, 2003 ]

 

...Funny how t.v. can either fuck you up or bring you around...
...It's mid afternoon, I just got kicked off SunSpot talk boards....'not sure why, but probably because I was hasseling this particular poster..... I've e'mailed them asking for an explanation, but after two hours, they've yet to return my inquiry... I've been stalking this dude who uses multiple names... this guy has a serious hate problem... and "hate" just torques me out,...
....the dude in his real life is a leftist, rather left leftist, sorta radical.... like many, he seems to think the dems preoccupation with the center is wrong, wrong, wrong...
...so he has taken to viciously attacking the center of the dems, in particular the Clintons... day after day, post after post, he brings up or makes up the most arcane and downright nasty things about the Clintons and those that support them
...now, I'm NO fan of the Clintons
...and I can see a red herring when one comes around.... this guy is just trying to "dirty" the rightward limo libs (in itself not a bad thing), but by using the tactics of hate, he feeds the atmosphere of dis-truth that the repubs have so studiously created in the realm of political discourse...
...or, he's a closet republican, playing Nixon style politics
...or, a certified wacko...

...it doesn't really matter,.. everyone has a right to their opinion
...but a liar..... making a big deal out of other people lying
...I don't know, it just twists my knickers somehow

...so I hasseled him/her/it/them

...and someone complained

...I guess posting foolish thoughts somehow breaks the bounds of free speech...

...more later when I think on it some more...


...next,...

....I'm sort-of watching History Channel show on the sixties and seventies
...they are talking about Viet Nam
...the parallels between then and now are breathtaking
...especially the part where Nixon was re-elected by a landslide after promising an end to the war...
...how will Shrub play this out....

more later
capnmike

gonzoliberal [3:50 PM]